1. Because even at the age of 40, it is hard to find people who are sure that they are doing what they want. It is rare for people who are in their early 20s to just know what they want to do for the rest of their lives.
2. Because there are hundreds of majors to choose from, it is possible to like more than just one major and this can get a person conflicted especially if they equally like the choices presented to them.
3.Because people change their feelings about things, there will be days when they will feel so enthusiastic about learning chemistry concepts and the next day they would not care at all. Feelings and emotions fluctuate making it harder for people to choose a major.
4. Because some people are just forced by parents to go to College, and take a certain course. It is not really their decision to further their education; some want to build their own band or be a freelance fashion blogger and skip the entire going to College part.
5. Because there is so much pressure, a student is expected to just know what they want in just a short span of time and this causes stress that blocks them from choosing well.
6.Because at a young age, most people are still figuring out what their strengths and weaknesses are making it hard to select a specific major that they feel they can excel in.
7. Because students are not yet sure what they are most passionate about. If they will choose just about anything that is forced upon them, they may end up not liking it after all.
8. At a young age, many still don’t know why they want to take a certain major. Many are not able to grasp that they need to take this to serve the community and without a purpose in mind choosing a major is near impossible.
9. Most students do not understand how the major works and how it will impact their life in the future. They don’t really know what the job is all about, some just choose the major because some believe it will pay well or is a cool thing to do but there is very little information as to how the actual job will feel like.
10.We honestly don’t know what kind of courses will prove to be useful in the future.
The economy is constantly fluctuating making it harder to assess if a certain major will be useful or not in the future.